Brighten up your morning with this protein-packed Greek yogurt bowl! Topped with fresh peaches, blueberries, muesli and cacao nibs each bowl is loaded with deliciousness and contains 24 grams of protein.
Apparently I’m on quite the blueberry kick lately. I sincerely apologize if you hate blueberries. That said, if you DO hate blueberries I don’t think we can be friends. 😉
This time last week I shared a blueberry peach oatmeal recipe. It’s delicious and I highly recommend trying it, but if your weather is still hot and humid (like it is here in Richmond) I have another option for you. It’s a Greek yogurt breakfast bowl — similar to this one I shared last year, but with fresh blubs, peaches, muesli and cacao nibs.
I love starting my day with protein and Greek yogurt bowls make it incredibly easy to do so. <— This bowl has less a whooping 24 grams!
I’ve been having one for breakfast at least once or twice a week as of late. I’ve tried many different combos but keep coming back to this one with fresh blueberries and peaches because it’s absolutely delicious and perfect for summer.
Any ripe and juicy peach will work, but we have donut peaches in the house and they are truly ah-ma-zing. They’re juicy, super sweet and less fuzzy on the outside than regular peaches. It’s totally worth picking up a few if you see them at your local grocery store.
I’ll give you a recipe outline to follow here’s what I used for my bowl :
- Fage 2% Greek yogurt — 2% of full-fat Greek yogurt tastes so much better than fat-free and it’s more filling! I love the thick and creamy consistency of the Fage brand.
- Donut peach — fresh, juicy and seriously delicious!
- Partially frozen blueberries — we have a bunch of blueberries in the freezer so I’ve been using those instead of fresh. I simply run cold water over them to defrost them a bit then I toss them into the yogurt. I like the frozen texture and the extra coldness they add to the bowl.
- Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Ancient Grain Muesli — I love everything about the Purely Elizabeth brand and their new cereal and muesli products are my new fave.
- Cacao nibs — gotta have a little crunch (and chocolate)!
This combo is FAB but feel free to make it your own and use whatever toppings you have on hand. Typically I like to add some chia or ground flax as well as a little nut butter on top. The more toppings, the better!
Brighten up your morning routine with a protein-packed Greek yogurt bowl with fresh peaches, blueberries, muesli and cacao nibs!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or full-fat)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1/4 cup muesli or granola
- 1/2 Tablespoon cacao nibs
- Place yogurt into a bowl.Top with blueberries, peach, granola and cacao nibs. Serve and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 24g
I hope you like this easy breezy summer Greek yogurt bowl as much as I do! Have a lovely Thursday afternoon.