This roasted cauliflower and lentil salad with tahini dressing is nutritious, filling, and works great as a light lunch or dinner. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup dry black or green lentils, rinsed
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1–2 inch florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- juice from 2 lemons (about 3–4 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 425°. In a saucepan, combine the lentils with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
- Place cauliflower, oil and spices (cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper) into a large bowl and toss. Spread mixture on a large baking sheet or stone and roast for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower has browned and become tender. Be sure to toss the cauliflower at least once while roasting.
- In a bowl, whisk the tahini with the lemon juice, maple syrup, and 2 Tablespoons of water until smooth. Add the lentils and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Add roasted cauliflower into the bowl. Then add your dates, red onion and spinach. Toss the salad a bit, plate and serve.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 509
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Fiber: 21g
- Protein: 21g