Adapted from this Almond and Macadamia Nut Milk.
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Blanch your almonds to remove the skin (if they’re not already blanched) — Place almonds in a bowl. Pour boiling water to barely cover almonds. Let the almonds sit for exactly 1 minute. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Pat dry and slip the skins off.
- Combine almonds, macadamia nuts and dates in a storage container. I used a Weck jar. Add water, cover, and let soak uncovered overnight at room temperature, around 12 hours.
- Pour the full mixture into a high powered blender and process on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until finely puréed. The nuts should be broken down into a very fine meal and the liquid will be white/milky.
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag into a bowl, squeezing hard until only solids remain. You should get about 21/2 cups of nut milk and it should be The very silky and creamy.
- Milk will keep in a seal container in the fridge for about five days. Shake before using. Save the leftover almond macadamia pulp and use it in another recipe like these Raw Cookie Dough Bites.