A new twist on an old classic, this lima bean hummus is creamy, sweet and super easy to make!
- 12 oz bag of frozen lima beans (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4–1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid or water, more or less to thin dip as desired
- Cook lima beans according to package directions, drain and reserve 1/4-1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except cooking liquid or water.
- Purée until smooth, gradually adding liquid as desired to thin dip and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- If you’re cooking lima beans from scratch, you’ll want to cook 3/4 cup dry lima beans, which should give you about 2 cups.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Process
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: lima bean hummus