Here’s how to make the perfect baked sweet potato every time! With crisp skin and a warm and soft center, baked sweet potatoes a delicious side dish served savory or sweet.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil, more or less to taste*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- toppings of choice (see above for ideas)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean potatoes: Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes, pat dry. Use a fork to poke holes in each potato. I like to do 4-8 holes, depending on how big the potato is.
- Rub a little bit of oil on each potato and sprinkle with sea salt. Place potatoes in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake: Bake for 60-80 minutes depending on how big your potatoes are. Flip the potatoes over about halfway through cooking. You’ll know they’re done when a knife easily slides through the flesh.
- Once cooked through, remove from the oven, cut open and top with your favorite toppings.
- You can totally skip the oil and sea salt if you want. The sweet potato skin won’t be as crisp, but the baked sweet potatoes will still be delicious.
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: baked sweet potato