Satisfy your craving for fries with healthy baked sweet potato fries that are actually crispy! Perfect for serving alongside a burger or sandwich.
- 2 medium – large sweet potato, cut into thin slices (about 1/4 inch)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- sea salt, to taste (added after baking)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place sweet potato slices into a large bowl and toss with oil, arrowroot powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread the fries onto a large baking sheet making sure the fries aren’t crowded. They need space or else they will start to steam and get soft rather than crispy.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip, then bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them the last 5 minutes as some of the smaller pieces might start to burn.
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 potato into fries
Keywords: baked sweet potato fries