Satisfy your craving for fries with healthy baked sweet potato fries that are actually crispy! Perfect for serving alongside a burger or sandwich.
- 2 medium – large sweet potato, cut into thin slices (about 1/4 inch)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- sea salt, to taste (added after baking)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place sweet potato slices into a large bowl and toss with oil, arrowroot powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread the fries onto your prepared baking sheet, making sure the fries aren’t crowded. You may find that you need to use two baking sheets. The fries can’t be crowded or else they will start to steam and get soft rather than crispy.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip, then bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them the last 5 minutes as some of the smaller pieces might start to burn.
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 potato, cut into fries
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 473mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: baked sweet potato fries