This baked peanut tofu is marinated in a delicious peanut sauce that gives the tofu an amazing flavor and crispy coating. Just pair with rice and a veggie side for a full meal!
- 1 16oz package of extra-firm tofu, pressed to remove liquid
- to serve: rice of choice and veggies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more for more spice)
- Once tofu has been pressed, chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add peanut butter, water, tamari, rice vinegar, miso paste and red pepper flakes into a bowl and whisk until smooth. You can also use a blender for this.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu cubes and toss to cover all the pieces. Marinate the tofu in peanut sauce and place in a covered container in the fridge for at least an hour. I marinated mine for about 5-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place marinated tofu on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping once around the 15 minute mark. Remove from oven and serve tofu with sides of choice. I like to serve it with rice and some sort of veggie. I also like adding a little Sriracha on top for extra heat.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: peanut tofu