This blueberry baked oatmeal is studded with blueberries and naturally sweetened with bananas and pure maple syrup. Can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries! Gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- cooking spray
- additional blueberries, nut butter and extra maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir well to combine. Gently fold in 1 cup of blueberries.
- Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining blueberries across the top.
- Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until the middle of the bake is set and the top is golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Top with additional fresh blueberries and nut butter, if using. Drizzle each portion with maple syrup if you want it a bit sweeter.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Oatmeal
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: baked blueberry oatmeal