Avocado Balsamic Dressing // Take your balsamic vinaigrette to the next level by using avocado to replace some of the oil. The result is a rich, flavorful and creamy dressing you’ll want to drizzle on everything.
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided (1 Tablespoon will be used for sautéing garlic)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2–4 Tablespoons water, or more depending on the texture you prefer
- Sauté 1 Tablespoon of olive oil with minced garlic until garlic is fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool. This step is optional, but it adds a depth of flavor and makes the garlic a little less pungent.
- Add sautéed garlic along with all the other ingredients except water into a high powered blender. Blend to combine. Parsley should be chopped well, but the dressing will be pretty thick at this point. Add in water to thin the dressing out a bit. Start with 2 Tablespoons and add more if needed. I found that 3-4 Tablespoons worked well for me.
Nutrition info will vary based on how much water you add to the dressing.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg