Tender blanched asparagus spears combined with red onion and parsley in a light lemon feta dressing.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, washed with ends trimmed
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Lemon Feta Dressing
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Chop trimmed asparagus spears into thirds, on the diagonal.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While water is coming to a boil, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with water and lots of ice.
- Blanch asparagus: add spears to boiling water and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove from the boiling water and transfer spears immediately into the ice bath. Let the asparagus chill in the ice water for a few minutes then remove with the slotted spoon or tongs. Transfer asparagus to a large plate lined with a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- In the meantime, prepare the rest of the salad by whisking together the dressing ingredients: lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, feta, garlic, honey, pepper and sea salt.
- Grab a large bowl and gently toss together blanched asparagus spears, red onion, parsley and dressing. Serve salad with 1/4 cup feta on top.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Blanch
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: asparagus salad