Spice up Taco Tuesday with these flavorful and meatless asian tofu tacos. The tofu is crispy and flavorful and pairs great with the crunchy and refreshing slaw.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, pressed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Asian slaw
- 4–8 flour or corn tortillas (depending on size)
- hoisin sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep tofu and prepare sauce by combining tamari, sesame oil and garlic powder in a large bowl. Toss tofu in sauce. Add to a rimmed baking sheet and bake tofu for 20 minutes, flipping around the 10 minute mark. Tofu should be golden and slightly crisp.
- While tofu is baking, make asian slaw recipe.
- Once tofu is done, prep tacos by adding a portion of tofu and slaw into each tortilla. Serve with lime wedges and hoisin sauce for drizzling on top.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Serving Size: 1-2 tacos (1/4 of recipe)
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 1513mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: asian tofu tacos