These healthy Asian chicken lettuce wraps are so easy to whip up! They’re like the PF Chang’s lettuce wraps but better for you and still just as delicious.
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Butter, Bibb or Iceberg lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts, for serving
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces slightly and chicken is cooked through completely. Turn off heat and stir in water chestnuts. Taste mixture and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Make peanut sauce by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl. For a thinner sauce, add water 1 Tablespoon at a time to create the desired consistency.
- Serve chicken mixture with lettuce leaves and spoon about 1/4 cup into center of each leaf. Top with crushed peanuts and green onions. Serve with peanut sauce.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 471
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 908mg
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: chicken lettuce wraps