These apple granola bars are the perfect fall snack with dried apple chunks, white chocolate chips and cinnamon. They’re both chewy and crispy and are so delicious.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal (see note above)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 2–3 Tablespoons white chocolate chips or caramel chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment. I like to use binder clips to clamp the parchment down so the parchment stays in place.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, cereal, 1/8 cup of chopped dried apples and 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a pot on medium heat, combine honey and coconut oil. Let mixture heat until it starts to bubble, stirring continuously. Once bubbling for 30 seconds, remove from heat and stir in salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour honey mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well coated. The chocolate chips will likely melt a bit, this is okay and actually helps the bars stick together.
- Pour mixture into your parchment lined baking pan and lightly press the mixture so it’s even. Top with remaining dried apple chunks and chocolate chips and really press the mixture down as much as possible. Skipping this step will result in crumbly bars. I use a piece of parchment to press so that my hands don’t get super sticky.
- Set: Once bars are pressed down firmly, place pan in the fridge for 2 hours to allow the bars to cool and set up.
- Cut: Once the bars feel solid/hard to the touch, remove from the pan, place on a cutting board and slice into 10 bars. Serve immediately or save for later.
- To store: these bars will stay together best if you store them in the refrigerator. They will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge. For freezing, wrap them individually and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: apple granola bars