This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is inspired by traditional Amish baked oatmeal and studded with apples, raisins and loads of cinnamon flavor. It’s the perfect fall breakfast and great for meal prep.
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk (I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced apple, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Fold in raisins and 3/4 cup of the diced apples.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of diced apples.
- Bake: Bake about 40 minutes or until the center has set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow baked oatmeal to cool just a bit before serving. Serve with a drizzle of almond butter, almond milk, or maple syrup.
- For storage: store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: To reheat the whole baked oatmeal, cover with foil and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes. For individual portions, set oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: apple baked oatmeal