This simple apple cider vinegar chicken is my go-to recipe when making grilled chicken because it’s easy, versatile and delicious! Enjoy right away or use the grilled chicken for meal prep throughout the week.
- 1–1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Whisk vinegar, Italian seasoning, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Place chicken in a shallow dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag.
- Add the marinade, toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off excess and discard leftover marinade.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Once hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also broil the chicken. Line a broiler pan (or a baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Flip chicken after about 5 minutes. Let cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Enjoy chicken immediately or let cool, package in storage containers and save for later use.
- Serving Size: 5-6 ounce portion
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 40g