These amazing vegan coffee toffee bars are like a cookie but in bar form. They’re loaded with almonds and chocolate chips and they have a subtle coffee flavor — perfect for coffee lovers, but not strong enough to turn away coffee haters!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance buttery sticks, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee granules or ground espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life minis)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar using a stand mixer, add in coffee and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients into the mixer and mix until just blended.
- Lastly, add in almonds and chocolate chips. If needed, use your hands to toss the dough and press chocolate chips and almonds in.
- Grease a 9X13 pan and pour the batter into the pan. Batter is thick so use a spoon or your hands to spread batter evenly across pan and press it down.
- Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes, cut and enjoy!
*I haven’t tried these with gluten-free flour, but I bet an all-purpose gluten-free flour would work.
- Serving Size: 1 bar (when cut into 16 bars)
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 24 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: Vegan, vegan coffee toffee bars, coffee toffee bars, cookie bar, cookie bars, coffee, toffee, Christmas, holiday