This healthy vegan zucchini bread is made with almond flour and uses avocado and banana to replace the oil. It’s grain-free, gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed firmly to release water)
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 1/2 Tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil.
- Grate zucchini, wrap in paper towels or a dish towel and squeeze hard to release as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Whisk together ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl to make the flax egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add dry ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt) and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients (zucchini, flax egg, avocado, banana, maple syrup and vanilla).
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with additional chocolate chips for decoration (this step is optional, but I like to make it look pretty.)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Edges and top of the loaf will be a dark, golden brown color. Let cool, slice and enjoy.
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to one week.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan zucchini bread