This sweet potato curry has amazing flavor and it comes together in less than 30 minutes, with just one pan and five pantry staple ingredients.
- 1/2 Tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons green or red curry paste (I used green curry paste from Thai Kitchen)
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water, if needed
- optional: fresh chopped cilantro and fresh lime and rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-6 minutes or until fragrant. Add curry paste to the skillet, toss and sauté for another minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to heat up until it is simmering and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. If the mixture gets too thick (or dry) you can add water to the pan, 1/4 cup at a time, up to 1/2 cup. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve curry over rice with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- If you have access to fresh ginger and garlic, feel free to add 1 Tablespoon (minced) of each to the skillet when you add the onion.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1 serving without rice
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 795mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato curry