No one will never guess these decadent 4-ingredient chocolate avocado truffles are made with avocado instead of heavy cream. As long as you use dairy-free chocolate chips, these creamy truffles are gluten-free and vegan!
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- cocoa powder
- sea salt
- Add avocado and a sprinkle of sea salt to a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- Melt chocolate chips by placing them in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 20 seconds or until all the chocolate chips have melted. (You can also do this with a double boiler). Pour melted chocolate into food processor with the avocado and pulse until mixture is completely combined and avocado is no longer visible. If you don’t have a food processor you can mash the avocado with a fork and combine with the chocolate until smooth and lump-free.
- Place truffle mixture in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Once the mixture has firmed up a bit, remove from fridge and make the truffles by rolling a tablespoon at a time into a 1-inch ball. You should get about 10 truffles. Fill a shallow bowl with cocoa powder and roll each truffle until coated. Place on parchment paper. If you’re going the sea salt route, skip the cocoa powder and simply sprinkle a few sea salt flakes on each truffle. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: avocado truffles, healthy truffles