A recipe for homemade almond crackers with 3 simple ingredients — almond flour, ground flaxseed and sea salt. Rich, buttery, crunchy, gluten-free, vegan and perfect for dipping into hummus!
- 1 cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add almond flour, water, ground flaxseed, and sea salt into a medium sized bowl and stir together until the mixture turns into dough.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover it with a second piece of parchment. Pat it out with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. You’ll want the dough to get pretty thin — about an 1/8 of inch thick. Try to keep form the dough into a rectangular shape. It’s okay if it’s not perfect.
- Once the dough is rolled out, remove the top sheet of paper and sprinkle a bit of flaked sea salt over the dough. Use your hands to press the salt down to help it stick. This step is optional, but the flaked sea salt makes the crackers really pretty.
- With the top sheet of parchment removed, use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the dough into small squares. I made mine about 1/2 -1 inch. If you want to get fancy you can use a tooth pick to create a little hole in the center of each cracker.
- Move parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake the crackers for 20-25 minutes or until the crackers turn golden brown and crispy. The pieces on the outer edges will get brown faster than the center pieces. You can transfer those that are golden to a cooling rack and put the pan back in the oven to bake the remaining crackers.
- Let the crackers cool completely, either on the baking sheet or on a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately after cooling. Place any leftover crackers in an airtight bag for later. You can store these in an air-tight container or bag and keep them on the counter or pantry. They should last about 4-5 days.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten-free
- Serving Size: 10 crackers
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: almond crackers