Lemon Garlic Tempeh cooked in coconut oil and served with blanched kale. This meal is 21 Day Fix approved and counts for 1 red container, 1 green container and 1 teaspoon of oil.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 (8 oz) package tempeh, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 cups blanched kale
- dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Blanch your kale if you haven’t already: Place de-stemmed and chopped kale in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place the kale in a bowl of ice water. Drain well. Sometimes I actually squeeze the kale to wring out all the extra liquid.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh strips and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until both sides of the tempeh slices are brown.
- While tempeh is browning, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, Italian seasoning and stevia in a small bowl.
- Once tempeh has browned, add blanched kale and the lemony garlic mixture. Stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add salt and ground pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: lemon garlic tempeh, 21 day fix recipe