This is a pretty light meal. Feel free to add a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice or more veggies to make it a bit more substantial.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu, pressed and chopped into bite-size cubes
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4–5 grape tomatoes, chopped
- cooking spray
- sriracha or another hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms have softened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add tofu to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add your nutritional yeast and liquid aminos to the pan. Stir until everything is well coated.
- Add spinach and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer, until spinach is starting to wilt a tiny bit. Plate, top with sriracha and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 18