Quick and easy meals are my jam! I enjoy cooking, but I also really like eating (and I’m impatient) so I rarely make meals that keep me actively working in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes. If I can make something delicious and healthy in LESS than 30 minutes, even better!
Recipes that take over an hour — ain’t nobody got time for that. 😉
I recently realized that I can make quite a delicious stir-fry in less than 10 minutes. I posted about it on Instagram last week but I think it deserves a full blog post. So here it is.
No, I’m not pulling your leg — you really you can create a hearty meal that satisfies in 10 minutes or less. And there’s no need to worry about something being undercooked because you’re using all plant-based ingredients.
Just a little side note: I really like tofu but for various reasons I like to limit my soy consumption to once or twice a week and when I do eat tofu I use Twin Oaks. It’s made locally with organic, non-gmo soybeans and it’s honestly the best tofu I’ve ever had. The texture is extra-firm making it perfect for stir-fries.
This recipe is not only quick — it’s got flavor, lean protein and lots of veggies, including over two cups of spinach per serving. Not too shabby.
I have a feeling you’re going to love it! I mean how could you not? A healthy, quick and easy meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch OR dinner is quite the rare find. Enjoy.
10 Minute Lean & Green Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu, pressed and chopped into bite-size cubes
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4-5 grape tomatoes, chopped
- cooking spray
- sriracha or another hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms have softened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add tofu to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add your nutritional yeast and liquid aminos to the pan. Stir until everything is well coated.
- Add spinach and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer, until spinach is starting to wilt a tiny bit. Plate, top with sriracha and serve.