Good morning friends. I hope your week is off to a good start!
Thank you so much for your positive reaction to my last post about gaining weight. To be honest, I was scared to hit publish but so happy I did because I was met with such wonderful feedback and support. I’m also excited because many of you said you would join me in the April Challenge. I think this is awesome! We can hold each other accountable and share our progress and challenges. I’ll definitely be sharing my progress here but I’ll also be checking in on the my Facebook page. Feel free to start following along there and checking in with me.
So far things have been going great. I’ve been keeping my portions in check and keeping track of what I’m eating.
Lots of BIG salads like one above on the menu this week.
I’ve been keeping my hands out of the granola bag and drinking a ton of water. And last night I got Isaac and Olive to go on a nice little walk with me after dinner. The weather was beautiful out and it was a great way to get us all moving. Speaking of movement, I also planned out my workouts for the week:
- Monday: Bootcamp with Next Level Fitness – lots of running with strength training moves mixed in (using either body weight or resistance bands)
- Tuesday: JCORE dvd* (20 minute Cardio Core 4×4)
- Wednesday: Bootcamp – same as Monday
- Thursday: Yoga class
- Friday: Run and the Drop10 Toning Workout
I also plan to squeeze in a walk at some point each day.
* The JCORE program was sent to me for review and instead of following the 40 day program, I have been incorporating the 20 minute workouts into my weekly workout schedule. So far I’m loving the workouts. They’re like P90X but shorter (only 20 minutes). Don’t let the 20 minutes fool you though – they are intense the whole time. My friend Sarah (who is super fit) is in some of the dvds as a modifier which goes to show you just how challenging they are! I’ll be sure to do a full review of the program soon.
Last but definitely not least, a couple people asked about the Green Snickerdoodle Smoothie I posted a photo of and today I have the recipe for you all!
It’s protein packed but without any protein powder. I love my Sunwarrior brown rice protein powder, but sometimes it nice to change things up.
Green Snickerdoodle Smoothie
This smoothie was inspired by a tweet from @fortheglow about her Snickerdoodle Smoothie. I was actually out at a bar on Saturday night when I saw the tweet (kind of funny) but surprisingly, I was able to remember it and made it the next morning for breakfast. I used Jenn’s recipe as a guide, but made a few tweaks. It totally hit the spot!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup lite firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 leaf of swiss chard (you could also use a handful of fresh spinach or kale)
- 4 drops of liquid stevia (or other natural sweetener), to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and serve in a bowl or a cup.
The texture is a little different than a cookie, but the flavor is there. 🙂
Have a wonderful Wednesday! My fingers are crossed that there’s a new Modern Family on tonight.