Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- cooking spray, butter or coconut oil (for coating the slow cooker)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2½ cups water
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup chopped apple pieces
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup + 5 drops of liquid stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped nuts, nut butter, coconut sugar and/or dried fruit for serving
- Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil. Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place in a bowl to serve and top with nuts, dried fruit and sweetener of choice.
Recipe by Eating Bird Food at http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2013/10/slow-cooker-apple-cinnamon-steel-cut-oatmeal/