Maple Coconut Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut (look in the organic section for this)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together almonds, maple syrup, shredded coconut, vanilla extract and sea salt. Toss until almonds are well coated.
- Spread almonds out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a baking stone) and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring once half way through the process.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 60 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe by Eating Bird Food at http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2013/04/maple-coconut-roasted-almonds/