Healthy Super Bowl Dip - Vegan Spinach Dip
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 1-3 hours and drained
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons water, or more if necessary
- 3 cups of raw baby spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- Place soaked cashews, coconut aminos, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic in a food processor or blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding water if necessary.
- Add in 2 cups of spinach, scallions, chopped jicama and puree for a few more seconds.
- Place mixture in a bowl and stir in remaining cup of spinach
- Adjust taste to your liking (add sea salt if needed or more lemon to make more sour)
- Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge and serve with veggies, tortilla chips or crackers.
Recipe by Eating Bird Food at http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/healthy-super-bowl-vegan-spinach-dip/