Warm Cinnamon Raisin Quinoa Breakfast
- 1 cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla almondmilk
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ Tablespoon chia seeds (or ground flax seed)
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- Rinse quinoa and drain.
- Place almondmilk and quinoa into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. **Watch the pot carefully and stir often because it has a tendency to want to boil over.
- When ready to eat, place a portion of the quinoa into a bowl, drizzle with maple syrup and top with chia seeds, raisins and nut butter.
Calories: 271 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 47g Sugar: 16g Protein: 9g
Recipe by Eating Bird Food at http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/cinnamon-raisin-quinoa-breakfast/