Roasted Kabocha Tots
- 1 kabocha squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash the outside of the squash with warm water.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out all the seeds. You can peel the outer skin of the squash but don't need to - it softens right up when cooked and it's perfectly fine to eat.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch chunks.
- Toss the squash with oil (if using), sprinkle with sea salt and spread on a roasting pan.
- Roast the squash for 15 minutes, remove from oven to toss, then roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until tender with a few brown spots.
Recipe by Eating Bird Food at http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/11/roasted-kabocha-squash-tots/