These Detox Macaroons are loaded with coconut flavor and sweetened only with pure maple syrup. They’re perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, but want to stick with your healthy eating goals! Paleo-friendly, gluten-free and vegan.
Hopefully you all aren’t tired of cookie recipes…
These ones are super healthy and totally New Year’s resolution approved. They’re a nutritious treat for detoxing after too many holiday cookies — hence the reason I included detox in the name.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons carob chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Stir together almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Place carob chips in a food processor or mini chopper and give it a few pulses to break the chips into smaller pieces, but not so much that you make carob powder out of them.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool -- they will firm up as they cool so wait about 15 minutes or so before serving or transferring to a sealed container for storage. You can store them in the freezer if you want to keep them for even longer. They should last a few months in the freezer.