Summer isn’t over yet… which means it’s still smoothie season in my mind! And this morning I have the perfect Friday smoothie to share. It’s got a little bit of coffee to help you get you through the last day of the work week, along with some chocolate to celebrate the sweetness of the weekend. Last but not least, it also has a little fruit and protein powder so you can feel good about drinking something chocolatey for breakfast!
To those of you that don’t care for “spilling over” food photography (ahem…. Janetha): don’t hate me for this photo. To be honest, I don’t really care for “spilling over” photos either, but it seemed to work for this one. Although, I didn’t spill the smoothie for food styling purposes – this is just what happens when you have to walk your food outside to take photos because you have no natural light in your house. I was actually pretty sad that a portion of my delicious smoothie went to waste. Food blogger problems… I tell ya!
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup pitted cherries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla brown rice protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (I used raw cacao powder)
- 1-2 drops of liquid stevia for added sweetness (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Drink up!
I just realized that these photos are quite fallish with the brown and orange – maybe it’s a little subliminal message that fall is just around the corner. Drink your smoothies while it’s still warm out! 🙂
Happy Friday friends.