I Made It: Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

by on December 13, 2013

You guys, I know I’m usually all about sharing healthy recipes BUT it’s Friday, it’s the holiday season and I’m in Christmas cookie mode (as evidenced by all my pinning of cookies recipes).

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

Plus, this batch of Snickerdoodle Cookies is a must-share.

For starters, the recipe got me to brown butter for the first time! I know browning butter has been a trend around the blog world for months (perhaps even years?) but I still hadn’t tried it… until yesterday when I whipped out my whisk and browned 2 sticks of butter. If How Sweet Eats reads this, I know she will be proud. :)

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

The other reason these cookies needed to be shared is because they’re pretty much amazing.

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

I’ve even wanting to try one of Monique’s (Ambitious Kitchen) recipes for ages (this quinoa salad is still at the top of my to-make list) and I have to say that this cookie recipe was a good one to start with.

The recipe was easy to follow and the cookies turned out beautifully. Snickerdoodles are Isaac’s favorite holiday cookie and he is in LOVE with these. They’re rich in flavor from the browned butter but also sweet and cinnamony — just the way a Snickerdoodle should be. Plus Isaac and I are kind of obsessed with baked goods that have a crispy outside layer with a chewy/fluffy inside and these cookies fit the bill!

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

PS – If you know of a muffin recipe that has the crispy top, feel free to send it my way. I’ve been searching for a good one since falling in love with these amazing crispy topped Sweet Potato Chai Muffins from our favorite local coffee shop.

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

So there you have it, real deal Snickerdoodles without any healthy substitutions. I’m happy to note that I just fulfilled one of my wedding vows for the year. ;)

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

I know some of you will be baking for the holidays and if you need a good Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe, this one is a winner and I highly recommend it! Find the full Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe over at Ambitious Kitchen.

What’s your favorite holiday cookie recipe?

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 13, 2013 at 9:23 am

Snickerdoodles are pretty much my favorite cookie ever and the holidays are about indulging on things we might not normally eat, so I know I’ve got to give these a try! Thanks for sharing!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 13, 2013 at 9:42 am

Snickerdoodles are one of the husband and I’s favorite Christmas cookies! I love finding new recipes – look forward to trying this one out!

Melissa December 13, 2013 at 10:15 am

Yum, I’ve noticed these on Pinterest lately and always think they look so great. Some of my favorite holiday cookies are peanut butter blossoms and pretty much anything that includes holiday M&M’s!

taylor @ taylormade December 13, 2013 at 11:02 am

yep, browned butter makes everything taste amazing… it’s pretty much my favorite ingredient ever! these look so delicious :)

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables December 13, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Ohhhh wow those look so good! I love these types of posts :) Trying out others’ recipes is always fun!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 13, 2013 at 1:54 pm

great photos! you can’t go wrong with browned butter.

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen December 13, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I am a snickerdoodle lover through and through! These look fab!

Megan @ Fiterature December 13, 2013 at 3:44 pm

A friend of mine just made these. OMG. Most amazing cookie I’ve EVER had. For real.

deva December 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I have never made snickerdoodles before, but these look perfect – I think I will have to try this recipe now!

Ashlee@HinHers December 13, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Wow Im glad you shared! I saw your instagram picture and have been drooling over them. They sounds really really good! The only way I will have regular milk is if I dip snickerdoodles in. No other cookies. Weird, right?!

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen December 13, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I’m so happy you loved these! Awww! Baking cookies around the holidays is my favorite. Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

Sanaz@runforcake.com December 14, 2013 at 11:50 am

Butter. So delicious in every shape and form. I’m going to bake a ton of cookies this weekend and will be sure to add this to the mix! Thx for sharing.

Dina December 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm