Daily Eats

by on March 5, 2013

I realized that I have been slacking on sharing my daily eats once a week like I said I would do. Sooo… yesterday I tried super hard to take a photo (with my phone) of everything I ate. I forgot to snag one of my after dinner snack, but I had one on my phone that was similar so we’ll just use that and pretend the strawberries aren’t there. ;)

Eggwhites

Egg white scramble for breakfast with a boatload of spinach (it shrinks so much), onion, tomato and a little hot sauce.

Grapefruit

Mid morning I ate a grapefruit for a snack. I love these but hate eating them at my desk because it’s pretty much impossible to keep them from splattering juice on my computer screen. Oh well, I guess it’s worth it.

Tofu salad

Lunch was a romaine salad topped with baked tofu (is it considered baked when you cook it in a toaster oven?), red onion, tomatoes, baked sweet potato chunks (about 1/2 of a small sweet potato), 1/4 of an avocado and the zesty tahini dressing that I’m officially obsessed with.

Thinkthin bar

Mid-afternoon snackage! This Chunky Peanut Butter thinkThin bar is like a candy bar to me. I try not to have to too often because sugar alcohols tend to upset my stomach if I eat them regularly but they’re so darn hard to resist.

Arctic char with broccoli

While I was at pilates, Isaac baked up some Arctic Char and roasted broccoli. I ended up going back for seconds of broccoli and also ate the other half of my baked sweet potato from lunch.

Greek yogurt

Last but not least, I had a small bowl of plain 2% greek yogurt with a little stevia and granola on top (about 1/4 cup). As I mentioned before, this picture was from another time so sadly, I didn’t have the strawberries on top last night.

So there you have it… what I ate yesterday! If you all like seeing this sort of thing, I’ll try to start doing it more often.

Have a lovely day.

NYC Fit GIrl March 5, 2013 at 10:20 am

hahah I love grapefruits but I can;t eat them at my desk either because they make such a mess!! It’s so frustrating! Looks like a nice clean day of eating :-)

Lauren March 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I always love when I see your beautiful food pictures via instagram but they even look better on here. I’m still dreaming out the Twin Oaks tofu! :)

kim March 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Looks like you are following the TIU plan.

Brittany Mullins March 5, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Indeed. ;)

meri March 5, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Looks like a yummy day!! Your meals are easy to relate to – I eat the majority of mine at my desk, too, and I totally agree with you about the grapefruit! Your lunch looked lovely – do you pack the salad components all separately and then reheat what you need? I wasn’t sure whether tofu reheated well, but would love to know your method! Thanks!

Liz March 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Yes, please keep posting the pix – they look lovely!

Haley @ fullnfit March 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Your daily eats look identical to mine! I enjoy having yogurt and fruit as a nighttime snack :) Also, ThinkThin bars are simply delicious.

Liz @ iheartvegetables March 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Yumm those eats look great! P.S. I’m making your garlic tempeh and broccoli tonight!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} March 5, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I adore grapefruits! Have you ever tried them baked? To die for!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 5, 2013 at 9:12 pm

LOVE that breakfast. Veggies in scrambled eggs are amazing. Plus, what could be better than getting in vegetable servings so early on in the day??

Brittany Mullins March 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Exactly!

Courtney @ Star Systemz March 6, 2013 at 2:04 am

Yummy eats! I used to be obsessed with think thin bars but same thing the sugar alcohols just get to me.. I have been creating my Own bars now for that reason because I have to have that sweet treat! I wish there were a kitchen gadget that cut grapefruit, preserved all of the juice and made it computer safe! Sending you happy vibes for the rest of the week:-) love + shine Courtstar

Nicole @ FruitNFitness March 6, 2013 at 6:59 am

This all looks fantastic, char is one if my favorites! I love how wilting spinach shrinks SO much.

Riane March 9, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I read an article how almond milk brands have carageenan in them, which can cause cancer. Any idea if this is true? I love almond milk!