Blueberry Almond Smoothie

by on February 17, 2013

Goodness gracious. It feels like forever since I last posted! It’s been a week — if you know what I mean. Work was super busy, I started with a personal trainer at FIT Richmond, birth-valentine’s day (my birthday + Valentine’s Day) was on Thursday… the list goes on. By the end of the work day, the last thing I wanted to do was sit on the computer and write a blog post, which is why I didn’t. Sometimes you need a little break I guess. With that said, I’ve missed you all. And I promise my review of the Conscious Cleanse and the recipe for the Lime Avocado Tart are coming. PROMISE.

In the meantime, I have a delicious smoothie recipe to share. Although it’s still quite cold in Richmond, I’ve been on a green smoothie kick and I’ve made this smoothie several times over the last few weeks. It’s surprisingly simple but has a great flavor and consistency.

I reluctantly shared a few sips with Isaac the last time I made it and he said it was one of the best smoothies I’ve ever made. There’s something to be said for that because he’s not the biggest smoothie fan.

Blueberry Breeze

Blueberry Almond Breeze Smoothie

Prep time
Total time

I didn’t add protein powder to this smoothie but if you need the extra protein, a little protein powder would be a good addition.
Serves: 1
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Add more almond milk (if necessary) to get the consistency you like. Top with a little granola and enjoy!

Blueberry Almond Breeze Smoothie

I’m off to a bridal shower (my second of the weekend). I hope you’re having a lovely Sunday!

Almond Breeze

Mica M. February 17, 2013 at 9:41 am

It’s so blue! I can’t wait to try it out!

kim@hungryhealthygirl February 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

Love the color!! I’ve made a very similiar version of this, but I’ve never used coconut water. I’ve been wanting to try it for a while and I’ll have to give it a try with this recipe!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear? February 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

I’m not a huge smoothie person either, but that looks beyond amazing!

Lauren February 17, 2013 at 11:46 am

Oh how I can’t wait for smoothie season again! I am definitely one of those people that can’t drink frozen things in the cold but come, spring/summer, I’m all over it!

Dominique February 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I normally don’t find myself commenting on blogs, but I just want to say that I’m a new follower, health food junkie, serious yogi and foodie.. AND officially addicted to your blog! I’ve shared it with several of my girlfriends already, and we’ve started making some of your recipes. I LOVE the overnight quinoa oats – I add in hemp hearts for added fibre and texture :)

Keep up the great work!

Haley @ fullnfit February 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm

so simple. so delicious. :)

Shel@PeachyPalate February 17, 2013 at 2:07 pm

It’s such a gorgeous deep blue colour!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 17, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Wow, now THAT is a blue smoothie! It is so pretty :).

Liz @ iheartvegetables February 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Brittany, that looks super good! I love how blue it is! :) I’m so glad to hear you’re loving FIT Richmond!

Sarah (The Simple Dietitian) February 18, 2013 at 6:23 am

I love how BLUE your smoothie turned out! I’ve been making a similar smoothie lately, but I’m afraid my green to blue ratio is overdone, as my smoothie turns out more black than blue. ;)

I will have to try this! :D

Kristen February 18, 2013 at 9:34 am

Yum… that sounds delicious!! I’ve been on a smoothie kick as well, despite the snow up here in NH ;)
I’ve been following Young and Raw on facebook and they have some really tasty smoothie recipes!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} February 18, 2013 at 9:48 am

I love how blue this smoothie is, gorgeous! Sounds like a great flavor combo, I’ve just recently started making smoothies again.

Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} February 18, 2013 at 1:54 pm

That’s one BLUE smoothie!

That particular almond milk is a staple in my fridge – use it lots!

Sara @ sarasmiles February 19, 2013 at 7:45 am

What a great color that smoothie turned out to be!

Camille @ When Life Gives You Cupcakes February 23, 2013 at 12:47 am

Mmmm. Love the color of this smoothie! I only have chocolate protein powder right now which may be too strong of a flavor, but I bet this would taste excellent with vanilla powder :)

Nat @ The Apple Diaries February 25, 2013 at 6:25 am

Wow that is one blue smoothie! I usually do avocado and almond with an extremely similar set of ingredients, so maybe I should throw some blueberries into the mix.

Thanks for the recipe :)

Tara@PNWRunner July 28, 2013 at 1:00 am

That smoothie looks amazing. I cannot wait to try it!