Back At It – 7DSD Style

by on January 4, 2013

Where has the time gone? I seriously can’t believe the holidays have already passed and it’s officially 2013! With our trip to Vegas for New Year’s Eve I fell behind on my posting and didn’t even get a chance to do a Best of 2012 or a 2013 goals post… oh well, I guess there’s still time for the latter.

Since I promised that I would share some of my daily eats with you all about once a week, I took photos of everything I ate yesterday. Yes, they are iPhone photos and no, they’re not very good quality. Sorry about that part. They do get the job done and it’s much easier for me to remember to take photos with my phone than my big camera.

Anyhow, while we were in Vegas I received a message from the shop I purchased my dress at suggesting my wedding dress was in (yay!) and that I needed to come try it on as soon as possible. I immediately regretted eating a whatever the heck I wanted over the holidays and decided that as soon as we were home I was going to kick things into high gear so I could get in wedding dress shape. After a month of limited working out due to my knee and lots of holiday treats, I haven’t been feeling my best.

So yesterday morning I started the Tone It Up 7 Day Silm Down. It’s a detailed plan, which I’ll be deviating from a tiny bitboth food and exercise wise. But overall, I’m hoping it will get me back on track and ready to stay motivated to eat healthy in 2013.

So what did I eat…

slimdown scramble

Egg whites with sautéed onions, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes for breakfast.

grapefruit 7dsd

A grapefruit mid-morning to hold me over until lunch.

salad 7dsd

Spring mix topped with a veggie burger, hearts of palm, tomatoes, snap peas, mushrooms, chopped apple chunks and an oil-free zesty tahini dressing from the Health Starts Here line at Whole Foods.

think thin bar

A thinkThin Creamy Peanut Butter protein bar around 4PM. This one was really good and filling. I wasn’t hungry for dinner until 8PM!

black bean salad 7dsd

A HUGE salad for dinner with 1/2 a can of black beans that I sautéed with onions, mushrooms, Mrs. Dash seasoning and balsamic vinegar. I also put hearts of palm, tomatoes, chunks of a small baked sweet potato and a drizzle of the zesty tahini dressing on there. It was really big and super satisfying, which was awesome because I didn’t even need an after-dinner snack. <– This never, ever happens!

good earth tea

I guess if you count tea as a snack (which I definitely don’t) than I did technically have something after dinner… before bed I sipped on a mug of Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea. This tea is super flavorful and sweet (as the name suggest). It was a perfect way to end the day.

So there you have it folks! I’ll be eating very similar things today, although today I’ll be having a protein pancake for breakfast instead of the egg whites. :)

Happy Friday!!

Stacie Michelle January 4, 2013 at 8:49 am

That black bean salad looks delicious! I just found a store that stocks black beans (here in Australia), so I’m excited to try them out in different recipes.

NYC Fit GIrl January 4, 2013 at 8:51 am

I have been following the Tone It Up Plan for a couple years now but the thought of the 7DSD freaks me out! i need to just do it!

Brittany Mullins January 5, 2013 at 1:46 am

I’ll admit, it’s quite strict and it’s hard to stick to for the full seven days but the results are worth it. :)

Lauren January 4, 2013 at 9:28 am

Great food ideas! I wonder why they said you had to come in immediately? I’m getting married in June, and they said 3 months at the absolute earliest for first fitting. If you gain/lose weight, that just means more fittings (and those are $$). My dress came in back in August and I’ve been dying to be patient for the first fitting!

Brittany Mullins January 5, 2013 at 1:49 am

Good point! I was wondering the same thing. I might ask them if I can come in after a few weeks. I need some time to get back on track after the holidays. :)

When is your wedding? We’re getting married June 15th!

Sara @ fitcupcaker January 4, 2013 at 9:37 am

I love the think thin bars, so good! The crunch peanut butter is my favorite :)

Brittany Mullins January 5, 2013 at 1:50 am

I can’t remember if I’ve tried the Crunchy Peanut Butter one. I need to get one this week. :)

Brittany @ Barr & Table January 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

That ThinkThin bar is my fave and the chunky is so delicious too! Awesome day 1 :)

Brittany Mullins January 5, 2013 at 1:51 am

Thanks lady.

Melinda January 4, 2013 at 10:39 am

I just signed up with Tone It Up! I’m at the end of the 7DSD though, such a great program and by such amazing girls!

Brittany Mullins January 5, 2013 at 1:52 am

Nice, I hope your 7DSD went well! :)

kristy @ the wicked noodle January 4, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Everything you ate looks yummy! I bought a juicer a few days ago and I’m in love…that’s the healthy eating change I’m making. So far it’s been amazing! I’m not really changing anything else but simply adding that in. Hopefully it will bring some positive changes with it!

Happy New Year!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 4, 2013 at 6:46 pm

IPhone pictures or not, you days eats look really good! I’ll take two please…of everything.

Elena January 5, 2013 at 1:10 am

Happy new year!
I am sure you will look great in wedding dress! Mazal Tov!

Monet January 5, 2013 at 10:16 am

Hi love! It is so hard to believe it is already 2013. Incredible! All your food looks yummy. Especially the grapefruit. Grapefruit is a gift from the gods! So good for your immune system during the winter months. I will often eat them 5-6 times a week! Thank you for sharing!

Liz @ iheartvegetables January 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I’m so excited we’re doing this!! :) I honestly feel so much better, and these first 5 days have flown by! I’m excited to get a little more flexibility later in the TIU Plan, but so far, it hasn’t been bad! (I love that ThinkThin bar too, and I can’t believe how satisfying they are!)

Brittany January 6, 2013 at 11:45 pm

that salad looks amazing! I am going to try that, always looking for filling salads :)

Brittany Mullins January 7, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Thanks lady! I hope you like it!

Brenda January 8, 2013 at 10:40 am

Definitely don’t skip the egg yolks! The yolks contain all of the nutrition, so if anything, skip the whites. http://livingsuperhuman.com/why-you-should-eat-more-egg-yolks/