Thanksgiving Week Workout

by on November 19, 2012

It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away.

You’ll be happy to know that I convinced Isaac to the run the Turkey Trot 10K with his sister and me. ;) After the trot we’re sticking to our normal Thanksgiving day routine and heading south to have dinner with Isaac’s family. I’m excited! So much so, I spent a good portion of my weekend testing out pumpkin recipes… I’ll be sure to post about those soon (hopefully tomorrow) but for now I wanted to share a quick workout challenge I’m going to do this week.

I was inspired by a Pinterest workout that Jamie Eason posted on her Facebook wall and I decided to challenge myself to add this quick workout to my normal routine this week. I’m still doing P90X so this will be in addition to whatever P90x workout I do for the day.

The workout is short but definitely gets your heart rate up. It’s great to do as soon as you wake up in the morning, right after work or before bed.

Do this workout every day this week, indulge in a delicious piece of pie (or some other tasty dessert) on Thanksgiving and feel no guilt. That’s my plan!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 20, 2012 at 6:42 am

Love quick, no equipment workouts like this!

Brittany Mullins November 20, 2012 at 7:26 am

Me too! I always try to find ones that use body weight instead of equipment – then you can do them anywhere.

Gillian @ Money After Graduation November 23, 2012 at 11:17 am

Me too! Much more effective workout than using machines, and easier than needing freeweights.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 20, 2012 at 8:07 am

Since I’m the one cooking, I definitely need an at-home workout!

Rachel@Running Daze November 20, 2012 at 8:54 am

What a great idea! I am going to challenge myself to at least do this two days between Thurs-Sun while i’m traveling for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the workout!

Rachel November 20, 2012 at 11:50 am

Good lucky with your Turkey Trot! I’m doing one too– 5 miles :)

Jared November 23, 2012 at 7:17 am

I’m going to need to top up my workout this week with all the pumpkin pie and turkey I’m going to be downing. Thanks for the workout list!

Lindsay November 23, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Awesome idea, thanks for sharing. I’ve been doing one minute planks and a series of 4 rounds of 15 air squats, 15 push ups, 15 sit ups, and 15 kettle bell swings when I wake up. It makes a huge difference!