Big Changes

by on November 7, 2012

I don’t blog about my 9-5 very often, but today I have to let the cat out of the bag and share some big changes that have been going on behind the scenes. A little over two weeks ago I resigned from my current role as the online marketing manager for a local educational software company for an opportunity with another company. It was a really tough decision to make because I was with the company for over four years, enjoyed the work I was doing and loved (still love) the people I worked with. It was also pretty amazing to live on the same block as my office – a one minute commute can’t be beat! But at the end of the day, I wasn’t truly passionate about educational software and when I was contacted about the new opportunity, I knew in my heart that I needed to step out of my comfort zone and follow my passions.

Goconfidentlyinthedirectionofyourdreams

After two days on the job, I can now officially say that I’m the Marketing Manager of Relay Foods, an online grocery store that sources food from local stores, vendors, restaurants, and farms and delivers it to easily accessible locations (including home delivery). The company is based out of Charlottesville, Virginia and currently serves four markets including Charlottesville, Richmond, Metro DC/NOVA/Baltimore/DC and Philly.

Relay Foods

I actually used the Relay Foods service and wrote a review over two years ago and now I’m working for them!! It’s really cool to see how things come full circle in life. If you check out the review I posted, please know that the search function on the Relay website has improved immensely! :)

In a nut shell, Relay is an awesome start-up company with a big mission – to make eating quality, healthy, and sustainable food simple.

If you happen to live in one of the Relay Foods markets, I’d love for you to check out the Relay Foods website and see all the cool stuff we have to offer! To celebrate my first week on the job, Relay has offered Eating Bird Food readers a coupon code for $10.00 off any order over $50.00 by using the coupon code EBFRELAY at checkout (before December 14th). $10 of free groceries – doesn’t get much better than that! Oh and if you’re feeling social – definitely come connect with me via the Relay Foods Facebook and Twitter pages. :)

In other news, I am a week and a half into the P90X program and loving it so far! I’ve been super sore over the past few days so I have to keep reminding myself that change is uncomfortable. If my comfort level is any indication of the change I’m creating in my body, I think I’ve been making some good progress!! On that note, I did take before pictures and I’m totally up for showing my process if you all are interested in seeing it.

Have a lovely Wednesday friends!

jenny November 7, 2012 at 7:10 am

so so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krissy m. murphy November 7, 2012 at 7:10 am

Hooray! I love relay! And methinks you will be working with my friend Sarah here in Cville…yay great news!

Shannon November 7, 2012 at 7:11 am

Congratulations!!! Starting a new job is alwasy so exciting. All the best on your new adventure!

Gena November 7, 2012 at 7:12 am

So cool, Brittany! I have been hearing a lot about Relay Foods here in DC, and I think it’s great that you are involved. Bravo for following your passions.

Brittany Mullins November 7, 2012 at 10:15 am

Thank you Gena. That’s awesome that you’ve heard about Relay Foods in DC – we’re really trying to grow that market and are excited at the opportunities there.

Hope you are well!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl November 7, 2012 at 7:16 am

How exciting – congratulations on following your passion!!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 7, 2012 at 7:35 am

Congrats! Everything definitely happens for a reason – can’t wait to see what opportunities in life this new job will open up for you!

Kat W November 7, 2012 at 7:36 am

Congratulations! That sounds like such a great fit for you with your love of healthy foods! Amazing!

Lauren November 7, 2012 at 7:54 am

BRITTANY!!!!!! I’m so so happy for you!!!!! :) Girl, we need to catch up! :) Congrats love!

Lea November 7, 2012 at 8:17 am

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like an awesome opportunity! It’s amazing when we get the chance to combine our careers with things we are equally passionate about!

Gabby @ Gabby's Gluten-Free November 7, 2012 at 8:36 am

YAY! I’m so excited for you! We need to do a happy hour to celebrate new jobs soon :)

stephanie @cookinfanatic November 7, 2012 at 8:38 am

Oh my goodness, congratulations girl!!! I just ordered from Relay for the first time last week and was thrilled with my experience, placing another order tonight actually haha!! I’m so happy for you, I think this job will be a wonderful fit and I wish you the best of luck :) :)

Brittany Mullins November 7, 2012 at 9:39 am

Thanks so much Stephanie!!! I’m so glad you loved your first experience with Relay and are going to use the service again. Definitely take advantage of the coupon code. :)

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach November 7, 2012 at 8:51 am

This is so great and inspiring!! I’ve been stuck in my comfort zone and am trying to make the same moves. So excited for you! :)

Sarah Fit November 7, 2012 at 9:19 am

CONGRATS! I’m so happy for you! So cool. Yay!!!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear November 7, 2012 at 9:28 am

I always love before and after pictures! So fun to see the progress people make. Congrats on the new job! That’s so scary to leave what you’re comfortable with for something new. Glad it worked out :)

Jami November 7, 2012 at 10:00 am

That is truly such an exciting piece of news to share! It is wonderful that you are able to use your professional skills to work for a company you truly believe in!

brandi November 7, 2012 at 10:03 am

ahhh congrats!!! That’s so exciting :) I’ve heard a lot about Relay Foods – what a fun job!

{Moni} @ Moni Meals November 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

Good for you Brittany! Congrats and it seems like a perfect fit!

So happy to hear you are working IT OUT and feeling the love too. keep it up! ;)

xx

Erin November 7, 2012 at 10:23 am

Congrats Brittany! That is so exciting!!

Tara November 7, 2012 at 10:33 am

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting and I am sure you will love our new job!!! :)

Molly Parrish November 7, 2012 at 10:50 am

Brittany,

So happy for you in your new adventure. Sorry I wasn’t around for all the last days at SC. I really miss our impromto chats. Being stuck in the other building alone (except for SH) is not a happy time for me. Please keep in touch throughout the months towards the BIG day.

Hope you are happy at the end of every day!!

Molly

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

Congratulations on your new job, it sounds like a great company!

Alexandra November 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

Congrats!! Starting a new job is so fun and exciting!! I would love to see your progress with the P90X program…my brother ahs it and has been offering to lend it to me and I am toying with the idea of starting it. Would love to get feedback from another girl :)

Michelle November 7, 2012 at 11:09 am

Brittany, Congrats on the new job!! Thats so exciting! I love Relay Foods, I’ll have to take advantage of this great coupon code! P90X yoga and ab ripper are my favorites! Lets have a Yorkie play date soon :)

Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

Congrats on the new job! I always think it’s fun when we get to start new jobs! There is so much to experience and new people to meet!

Sarah November 7, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Brittany – congratulations! We’re so excited to have you on board at Relay :)

clare @ fittingitallin November 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Congrats!!! So happy you found such a perfect fit.

Erica November 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

CONGRATS! Sounds like such a cool company. Wish they were in Charleston, SC!

Jenn (eating bender) November 7, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I’m doing a major happy dance over here! AHHHH! Congratulations, Britt – I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to hear more details. Wish I lived in a Relay Foods market but it just means I’ll have to come visit someday! :)

Lauren November 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Congratulations! Your new position sounds like it’s the perfect fit for you!

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm

wow! congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes! Not having to commute you’ll have so much more utilizable time ! Delighted for you!

janetha November 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I am really excited for you. It sounds like you are going to love this new position!

Sarah@Kids Heart Real Food November 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Amazing Brittany – congratulations! It is quite the achievement to have a career in something you are passionate about. Good luck!

Alex November 7, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Congratulations on the new job, and I’m glad P90X is going so well for you! I’d love to see some progress pics!

Danielle November 7, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Congrats Brittany! I am similarly in transition mode with new nutrition related career opportunities (started IIN a week ago too :) and am so excited to be in solidarity with you! Loving your blog more and more with each post. Keep it up girly – you’re an inspiration :D

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots November 7, 2012 at 5:10 pm

congrats this company sounds amazing!! Good for you for following the direction of your dreams!

Stephanie November 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Wow, great news! I can’t wait to work with you. We’ve been selling Pizza Tonight on Relay since the beginning, and it’s a great service! Best of luck to you!

purelymichelle November 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Brittany OMG girl I am so happy for you!!! I know this will only bring you more happiness along your career!

cannot wait till we catch up! one day soon

Marianne November 7, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Congrats on the new job – sounds like an awesome opportunity. I hope this time next year I can say I’ve found my job niche in the nutrition world :)

Diana November 8, 2012 at 11:03 am

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting, and you’re going to be fabulous! :)

PS I LOVE that quote. I have it on a mug that I use often.

Gillian @ Money After Graduation November 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Congrats on the new job ! That is awesome, and something that you’re passionate about!

maggie @ say yes to salad November 8, 2012 at 11:27 pm

congrats on the new job!!

Ashley November 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

hi lovey! it’s been a while! just wanted to congratulate you on your new job! :) so happy for you, you are going to be amazing. It’s so great that you’ve found a job you love! XO

James November 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Congrats on the new job! Very cool!

Susannah November 13, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Just wanted to chime in and tell you congrats on the new job! I’m a big fan of the blog and also a graphic designer if Relay ever needs one ;)

Can’t wait to try the stuffing you just posted…

Kimberly November 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Wow, that is fantastic…so happy and excited for you. You need to expand to the North Jersey region.