8 Simple Sculptors from TIU and Self Magazine

by on May 3, 2012

Hi friends. This is going to be a quick post because I’m on my lunch break, but I wanted to share with you the workout I did this morning because it was awesome. It’s part of the Tone It Up Drop 10 Challenge featured in the April and May issues of Self Magazine. I’m a huge fan of the Tone It Up ladies and as part of my April Challenge I have been following the TIU nutrition plan and doing their workouts on the days I don’t go to boot camp. <– I still owe you all a full recap of the April challenge, which I promise I will do, but for now I’ll let you know that I’m definitely extending it to May.

The workout is called 8 Simple Sculptors and it’s detailed in the May issue of Self. The video below shows you how to do each move.

I did the full routine (3 sets of 12 reps for each move) this morning before work and was surprised at how sweaty I was when I finished. The Cobra Chiseler and Reach For It moves were killer!

(Testing out the new Armor Bra from Under Armor I was sent to review.)

Definitely a great way to start the day! If you haven’t tried out this workout yet, I’d highly recommend it.

Have a lovely Thursday. I gotta make a smoothie (it is Smoothie a Day in May afterall) and get back to work. :)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 3, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Whenever I don’t feel like doing a workout, I just go to the TIU site for like, 2 minutes, and then I remember why I go to the gym ;) haha

But seriously, I do love their workouts! They’re so practical and I’m always sore the next day.

So excited to run tonight (and tomorrow)!!! haha

Eating Bird Food May 3, 2012 at 9:41 pm

See you in the morning! :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio May 3, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m excited to do this workout too. I was excited when I saw it in SELF.

Michelle@Peachy Palate May 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely be trying it…random question…I’ve just been told I can’t run for 2 weeks (going insane after 1 day) due to an injury. Do you just focus on these sorts of workouts, which I can do, or do you incorporate cardio? Trying to create a new routine for myself!

Eating Bird Food May 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hi Michelle, I do cardio as well as strength training workouts. I like to mix it up. Can you do other cardio like walking or biking?

Michelle@Peachy Palate May 4, 2012 at 6:29 am

Biking and Cross Trainer…Walking hurts at the moment but today is a bit better than yesterday. Funnily enough I can do lunges and squats but not the flamingo squat on my left leg (pretty much fell over :) )

Eating Bird Food May 4, 2012 at 9:23 am

Oh yeah, that one was tough for me too!!!

Liz May 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I just watched the moves and I am definitely trying this! I like short and sweet workouts, makes me more apt to do them and some of those moves look hard!

Thanks for sharing the link to the video :)

Eating Bird Food May 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm

No problem Liz. Let me know what you think if you try them. :)

Melissa May 3, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I was wondering if you have thoughts on the TIU new launch of their protein? I personally have been looking for a protein supplement for a while now (I’m a vegetarian) and I feel like this could be the answer but I’d love to hear your thoughts before I go ordering a bunch. I’m sure you’ve heard all about it, but its called Perfect Fit Protein.

Thanks!!

Eating Bird Food May 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Hi Melissa. I think the new Tone It Up Perfect Fit Protein sounds awesome. It’s vanilla brown rice protein so I’m assuming it’s similar to Sunwarrior, which is my favorite. I definitely want to try the Perfect Fit Protein soon!

Catherine @ Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth May 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Hi Brittany! How is everything going with the TIU nutrition plan? I am exactly where you were a couple of weeks ago when you decided to get back on track with your healthy eating and routine. I am highly interested in the TIU plan, but definitely don’t workout like the usual TIU workouts. Do you think their nutrition plan could still work with different type of exercise, or does it require really intense cardio to see results?

keep up the good work!

Eating Bird Food May 3, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Hi Catherine – working out is a big piece of the plan, but I definitely think you would still see results without really intense cardio. Fitness gurus say that the way our body looks is 10% genetics, 10% exercise and 80% what we eat. When you think about it that way, it makes sense that you would still see results just by following the nutrition plan. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. :)

Catherine @ Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth May 4, 2012 at 2:10 am

Thank you so much for your response! It’s so nice to hear from someone who is following the plan and seeing results too! I have been so hesitant on buying the plan, but your fitness guru quote just sold me! I really need to get back on track and watch my portion sizes, because I’m at that point where my clothes don’t fit and great as they used to, and I think this is exactly what I need! Which plan did you buy? I mainly eat vegetarian with some fish, but don;t normally cook seafood at home.

Thanks again!

Eating Bird Food May 4, 2012 at 9:38 am

No problem. I’m a pescatarian as well but I bought the vegetarian version and really like it.

Catherine @ Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth May 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

Sounds great, I think I will go with vegetarian as well. Thank you!

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt May 4, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Love the TIU girls! I just got the plan a few weeks ago and I’m really enjoying it. These moves are killer and I’m also loving their Sandcastles workout from last year!

Pure2raw twins May 4, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love the TIU girls too!! we need to do this new set of moves

Louis January 14, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Whatever fitness or weight loss goals you are setting, you have to work hard regularly to gain results. It requires great deal of self-discipline and commitment. In order to enhance my strength and gain the most benefits from my workouts I am taking additional nutrition. I have tried a lot of different workout supplements over the years and nothing has given me as much energy and focus as Military Grade Nutritionals have. In my opinion, their pre-workouts are the most effective supplements.