Healthy Living #PROOF

by on April 19, 2012

Lately I’ve been using the Instagram app as a way to check-in, both for the FitFluential #PROOF campaign and as part of the Tone It Up Bikini Series. I have found these check-ins to be a fun way to participate in both communities, cheer others on and share what I’m eating / what workouts I’m doing. It’s also been a huge help in keeping myself accountable. I love it!

I’m so excited to share that this week has been a huge success in terms of the April Challenge. I’ve worked out everyday and stuck with clean eats all week. And just to prove it to you all, here are my recent healthy living #PROOF moments – all of which were taken on my iphone and shared on Instagram.

IMG_0835.JPG

Post bootcamp! Thanks goes to Next Level Fitness for a great workout and to Sparkly Soul for keeping my hair in place.

toneitup lunch box.JPG

The healthy snacks I packed into my TIU lunch box for our trip to Austin – Love Grown granola, raw almonds, Sunwarrior protein powder and Luna Bars.

collard wrap.JPG

California Bean Burger Collard Wrap. <– What I’ve had for lunch everyday this week.

protein pancake.JPG

Mood Changer juice from Ellwood’s (kale, lemon, apple, ginger and strawberries) with a protein pancake = breakfast of champs.

muscle.JPG

Strong is the new skinny.

shrimp salad.JPG

Clean eating can taste delicious. Recipe coming soon for this salad, which I’ve eaten for dinner for three nights this week.

zico dark chocoalte.JPG

Tonight was my first time trying Zico’s Dark Chocolate Coconut water. It’s thicker than normal coconut water and tastes like chocolate milk. Isaac had one sip and immediately said, “It’s a healthy Yoo Hoo!” I have to agree. If you like chocolate milk, you will like this!

Do you use social media to help keep you accountable? Are you on Instagram? If so, you can find me on there – I go by britmullins. :) Happy almost Friday.

Catherine @ Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth April 20, 2012 at 12:54 am

You seem so happy and energized in this post! I am so proud of you for sticking to your new plan, it seems like you are doing great. Definitely shows too! Look at those arm! Cheers!

Michelle@PeachyPalate April 20, 2012 at 2:31 am

Pics are great! Very inspirational! You look glowing and in fantastic shape. I’m currently trying to put on weight, muscle if possible so finding the healthy balance with healthy eating weights and cardio ain’t easy, any tips you have would be greatly received! :) I need to get myself one of those sparkly bands btw!

Lauren April 20, 2012 at 6:43 am

I seem to go through spurts with using social media to stay connected. I was SO into Instagram a few weeks ago and now I kind of slipped on that. Sometimes I post 3x a day on Facebook and then I’ll go a week or two with nothing. I guess it all depends on what is going on and how I feel.

Everything looks so delicious! Especially the salad. Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Adrienne J April 20, 2012 at 7:54 am

Awesome job! It’s amazing what one week of healthy choices can do. Keep it up!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 20, 2012 at 8:15 am

That coconut water sounds amazing! Congrats on a great week! :)

Jenn (eating bender) April 20, 2012 at 8:41 am

Look at your arms – they are so toned! You are inspiring, Britt – love the accountability pictures. I’ve been applying that to my writing by sending Bobby a daily “word count” snapshot and have found it has helped immensely. I love using Instagram for accountability with photo challenges, too.

That salad looks yummy – can’t wait for the recipe! Have a great weekend!

Gillian April 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

You are so inspiring!!! I remember you saying you were an ambassador for Tone It Up – what is this like? I’m a fan of the gals and tempted to buy the plan but a little turned off by the price! x

Tiffany April 20, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m so happy that you’re doing so well :) Congrats! It’s hard work.
Can’t wait to see the recipe for that salad! It looks delish.

leah April 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I am using the Spark People app and Google calendar to track workouts. I’m also using Google Maps to track my walks and runs. I also used couch25k to start up my running routine.

Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I’ve been on an endorphin kick all day today, thanks to our run!!! Seriously, Friday tradition! Also, that Lamplighter Coffee was DELICIOUS! Definitely the kick I needed this morning :)

I love tracking apps. I’ve used everything from SparkPeople, to LiveStrong, even the online Weight Watchers! Stuff like that keeps me accountable! (Especially when my roommate makes delicious brownies… like she did yesterday… haha)

Steph @ StephSnacks April 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I sometimes find myself doing the same thing – especially when it comes to working out. I love to post it on Twitter as a means to pat myself on the back a bit and to see if I can get others to do a quick 20 minute workout! Congrats at keeping those goals in check :-)

Beth @ Running on Cloud Nine April 22, 2012 at 8:58 am

Strong IS the new skinny! That quinoa, asparagus, broccoli & shrimp salad looks delicious. Can’t wait for the recipe!

Eating Bird Food April 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm

It’s coming this week. I promise. :)

Katy @ HaveYouHurd April 23, 2012 at 11:05 am

YOU GO GIRL! Look at those guns!!! Strong is def the new skinny. Dark Chocolate Coconut Water sounds YUM! I’ll look for that in the store… Also, can’t wait for that salad recipe!

Steffany April 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

I have the same HRM, LOVE it !!! I really want to try the chocolate Zico but can’t find it around here D: !

Johanna May 12, 2012 at 8:15 pm

what watch is that? I love it I need a good training watch

Eating Bird Food May 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm

It’s a Polar ft60. I love it!