What’s New?

by on January 31, 2010

1. Olive got a new hair do last week.

IMG_3249.JPG

We scheduled the appointment before we knew it was going to snow and now she’s freezing her little tush off. Poor baby.

I’m glad she still loves me.

IMG_3248.JPG

2. I had quinoa flakes for breakfast.

IMG_3242.JPG

They were creamy, warm, and topped with sweet deliciousness (better n pb and pumpkin butter). Doesn’t get much better than this on a snowy morning.

3. I finally got out of the house today by going exploring down by the river.

It was raging!

IMG_3252.JPG IMG_3254.JPG IMG_3267.JPG

These geese didn’t fly far enough South.

IMG_3264.JPG

Isaac’s a lucky duck- he already got word that his school is closed tomorrow due to the snow. I’m watching the Grammy’s in my snuggie and keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of my office being closed as well. :)

- Brittany

Molly January 31, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I was so hoping for the same thing. Carl is off and I really dread trying to find a place to park in the city. Even behind the building will be tough. Guess I’ll be there though. Bummer.

Danielle (Coffee Run) January 31, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Wow, thats beautiful- where do you live??

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

Richmond VA

Danielle (Coffee Run) February 1, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Oh cool! I’m from VA too :)

christie, honoring health February 1, 2010 at 7:21 am

Olive is too cute!

I am not working today, they haven’t plowed the streets here or the ones at my work yet. I am going stir crazy, too!

Kathleen February 1, 2010 at 7:23 am

Haha Grammys in a snuggie sounds AMAZZZING :)

marisa Day February 1, 2010 at 7:55 am

The snow here is so beautiful, but I am so getting cabin fever – I was half hoping work would not be cancelled….I guess it is a good thing since I have a crazy exam on Friday, but still! Yesterday I had major cabin fever and had to take a long walk to Ellwoods for some kombucha….it was great but I am missing running already!

Stephanie February 1, 2010 at 8:36 am

Did you get a chance to see the river earlier last week when it was near flood stage?! I was down there for work and it was about to flood, and was ragingly intense – crazy!! More snow on the forecast tmrw, ugh, awesomeeeeeeeeeee :/

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) February 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Oooh, quinoa flakes would be new to me too! They look lovely–can’t imagine how they could not be good!

janetha b February 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm

olive is the CUTEST EVER.

Jasmine (Sweet and Fit) February 1, 2010 at 3:22 pm

awww! olive looks so cute! I have never seen quinoa flakes – I assume in the hot cereal isle?

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Yes mam! I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them at Whole Foods.

Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful February 1, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Olive is absolutely adorable! I’ve never heard of quinoa flakes, but I love quinoa and those look delicious. I was curious-what is Better n PB. I’ve seen it on a lot of blogs, but no clue what it is.

Stay warm!

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm

It’s a low-cal peanut butter. Here’s my review of it. http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2008/06/better-n-peanut-butter/

Allyson February 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Olive! I’m cold just looking at her! But just remind her that sometimes every girl has got to sacrifice comfort for beauty!

Stephanie February 1, 2010 at 5:18 pm

In general I’m not the hugest fan of grains, but I like quinoa occasionally. It’s got the most protein of any grain.
BODA weight loss

adrienmelaine February 1, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I made my first overnight oats last night inspired by you- thought you should know- they’re green from the matcha

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm

YES!!! So pumped that you tried out overnight oats. What did you think?

katie February 1, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Olive is so cute! I like her new ‘do.

Your snow days are so much prettier than ours… no dirty snow!

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Don’t feel bad, it’s looking pretty gross and dirty today!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health February 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm

omgoodness, quinoa flakes?! WHY did I not know these exist? This post just made me one happy lady =)

What do they taste like? I mean, I’m assuming they taste like quinoa, haha, but are they any sweeter than the regular kind?

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Hey Gracie- Quinoa flakes are super creamy and smooth texture, but they have a similar taste to regular quinoa with no added sweetness. It reminds me of cream of wheat. If you’re like me and like things a little sweet, you’d probably want to add some sort of sweetness. I cook mine with 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup water. I also add a couple drops of liquid stevia and sometimes 1/2 of a sliced banana.

Hope that helps!

Maria February 1, 2010 at 7:25 pm

She’s so cute!

Ashlei February 1, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Just placed my order with iHerb! Woot woot! Can’t wait to get it!! :D I wanted to try this Bee Yummy brand face stuff but they were all out! I got some maca powder, msm and spirulina (finally!) and a couple other things. :) I will definitely take pictures and post when it comes in. Hopefully sometime this week :)

-Ashlei

Eating Bird Food February 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

YES!!! I hope you love everything you get!

Abby February 1, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Olive looks so cute with her new haircut!!!