Mystery Revealed, Pizza, and Other Weekend Eats

by on January 3, 2010

My second visit to Pizza Fusion occurred this weekend when Isaac’s mom and I were on a search for a restaurant that was open past 7 PM on New Year’s Day.

On my last visit I ordered the Farmer’s Market Signature Pizza on multi-grain crust with soy cheese. Despite being topped with a multitude of veggies the pizza was bland, even with the addition of an ample amount of garlic salt and crushed red pepper. So this time I decided to stick with the signature pizza but pick something a little more flavorful.

I ordered the personal sized Greek: Kalamata olives, sliced roma tomatoes, tomato sauce, feta cheese, mozzarella, provolone, parmesan and parsley.

IMG_2974.JPG

And Ellen ordered the personal sized Spinach & Artichoke: Sautéed spinach, roasted artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, tomato sauce, mozzarella, provolone and parmesan.

IMG_2975.JPG

We both spilt our pizzas in half and shared, that way we could have some of each. Turns out these were both great picks. Unlike the soy cheese Farmer’s Market pizza I had previously, both of these were super flavorful and delicious. I loved the thin multi-grain crusts and ample veggie toppings. I polished off all 4 of my pieces! Turns out I was super impressed with the pizza this time around so I will definitely be going back to Pizza Fusion, especially since they gave me a coupon for 10% next time I go.

The rest of my eats this weekend included the following:

TJ’s High Fiber Fruit and Nut Medley cereal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk

IMG_2976.JPG

Homemade raw kale salad.

IMG_2978.JPG

I’m still perfecting the recipe, but I’ll be sure to post it once I do!

A baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and ketchup.

IMG_2979.JPG

I know you’re probably thinking this looks disgusting, but don’t knock it until you try it. It’s seriously really good- just ask Jenn, from Eating Bender. She’s actually the one that gave me the idea in the first place. :)

Chia seed oatmeal

IMG_2980.JPG

This bowl was the perfect breakfast for a cold morning. I had been missing my chia oats!

IMG_2982.JPG

On a creative note, I finished the mystery knitting project this weekend. Lots of you guessed that it was scarf, which was smart thinking because many people take on the scarf for their first knitting experience, but Tasha, The Clean Eating Mama, and Deva, Varacious Vorilee, had the closest guess with arm warmers and mittens.

What I actually made was fingerless mittens!!

IMG_2988.JPG

The fingerless part is what makes them so easy, but I like the look! I am also stoked that I was able to complete these while we’re still dealing with cold weather. I can’t wait to wear them. Too bad I haven’t left the house since yesterday’s gym visit! It’s just so cold out- this morning weather.com said it’s 25° out, but feels like 7°. However, I do need to go to the grocery store later today so I’m glad I have these little mittens to keep me warm. ;)

IMG_2983.JPG IMG_2989.JPG

On a side note, a couple people left comments suggesting that I should do some knitting videos. I would love to, but honestly I’m probably not the best person to give lessons- this was my first project and I had a bit of help from experienced knitters (like Isaac’s mom)! Also, there are a ton of great knitting articles and videos already out there that are way better than mine would be.

If you’re interested in learning, here’s a couple links to help you get started:

Learn to Knit- Knitting for Beginners

How to Knit for Beginners: Video Series

Check out the links above or just search knitting for beginners and you’ll find plenty of sources. Best of luck with your knitting adventures. I’m sure I’ll do some other projects in the near future so I’ll be sure to let you all in on those.

Today is the last day of my holiday break from work. It’s been a nice LONG break, however it still sad to know it’s over! Back to the grind tomorrow.

- Brittany

Crystal January 3, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Pizza Fusion is definitely one of my new favorite restaurants…so sad that you didn’t like your previous visit. The pizza was definitely great, but the best part of our visit two weeks ago was hearing the reactions of the family next to us when the waitor told them that Pizza Fusion didn’t have typical soda’s, only “natural” ones and that all the ingredients were organic! I seriously thought they were going to leave after hearing that but instead they decided to stay….. and ordered a plain cheese pizza! Oh well, I guess not everyone cares so much about what they put in their bodies :)

Those fingerless mittens are very cute by the way!

Jordan @ Salt Sweat Sugar January 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Those are cute!

Ketchup & cottage cheese? I’ll have to try that one before I knock it ;]

julie January 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm

haha! i loveeee cottage cheese and sweet potato :) AND those gloves!

Danielle (Coffee Run) January 3, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Wow, I’m impressed with your knitting skills- your mittens are cute!
I’ve never seen or heard of Pizza Fusion but it sounds like a nice place :)

Jessica January 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Love those fingerless mittens! SO cute! I would never have the patience.

Estela @ Weekly Bite January 3, 2010 at 4:02 pm

LOVE the mittens!! I wish I could make those!

Allyson January 3, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Those turned out great! Congrats on your first knitting project. I always tell my students not to start with a scarf because they are so boring to knit. You knocked these out fast and they look great. Congratulations again!

Julie @savvyeats January 3, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I love the color of the mittens. Congrats on finishing them!

Lauren January 3, 2010 at 4:32 pm

There are way to many beautiful food pics here to comment. EVERYTHING looks so good. You have been having fantastic days of eats this weekend. :)

That is so cool that you have been knitting a scarf. I use to knit all the time and realize how I miss it now. It’s so relaxing!

K January 3, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Wow! You’re a talented knitter – your fingerless mittens look fantastic! Nicely done!! :)

Jessie January 3, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I love those mittens. I have been looking for some like that but never found what I wanted.

Stephanie January 3, 2010 at 9:13 pm

So random, we took the man’s parents there just last night! Got the Bruschetta pizza and Farmer’s Market (with a subout of zucchini for sun dried tomatoes)…! Their diet black cherry soda is so good too, love the authentic bottles :) Stay warm girlie and lookin’ forward to our cooking class round 2!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 3, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Love those mittens!

I’m attempting to learn how to crochet…let’s just say I wouldn’t post a picture of any of my works on my blog!

Hangry Pants January 3, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Obsessed with your gloves!

emily January 3, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Those mittens are adorable!!! I used to knit with my mom occasionally and I’d like to start again.

Molly January 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I want to learn how to knit….I’ve tried crocheting, but couldn’t figure out how to use two needles….do you think we could take a lunch break and you give some lessons? Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Seems like ages, but I have LOVED the time off.

BroccoliHut January 4, 2010 at 12:26 am

Such delicious pizza! I know what’s for dinner tomorrow…
I love cottage cheese on my sweet potatoes, but I’ve only tried it the sweet way, with walnuts & cinnamon. Next time I’ll bust out the Heinz!

Susan January 4, 2010 at 9:30 am

Those mittens are awesome! I love love love the color. And what a great job for your first knitting project – you could sell those in a store forrealz.

glidingcalm January 4, 2010 at 4:39 pm

mmmmmmmmm pizza!!! that looks amazing!!

AND WOW! you are so talented!! I loveeeeeeeeee fingerless mittens! they are sooooo warm since they go up your wrists, plus make grabbing things super easy. LOVED THEM when I was skating.

happy Monday!